http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, April 10, 2008
On Solitude.. once again
Recently I prefer to spend most of my free time alone. I want to have my own plans and I don't want to depend on others. I know that many people may find it weird, especially with the Filipinos whose accustomed in having a companion most of the time. Sometimes, people might ask why I didn't invite them or certain individuals to accompany me. I know that I would encounter these type of questions; but I opt not to answer because I don't think that I have to explain them every action that I do.

Weird as it may sound, I feel free when I'm alone. I don't need to worry about someone else's welfare. I can do anything I want without thinking about the others. And I must say that most of the memorable experiences that I had started with me being alone - I went through my course and stayed in a dormitory without knowing anyone; I was on my own in my first flight going to the US and I didn't know my onshore mates personally; the same thing happened when I started working in my present job. I had my own misadventures as well and I'm proud to say that I was able to get through those things.

Let me remind you that I am not a loner; I have my friends and I know that they treasure me as much as I value them. The last thing that I want when people hear me doing things on my own is pity. Also, I hate it when people starts to become overprotective because I know that I can take care of myself (eventhough I have a childlike disposition) and I know when to ask for help. I know that they're only concern about me but the way I see it, they don't understand the benefits of solitude.

And just like what I've said earlier, I don't need to explain myself any further.
posted by subhuman @ 1:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links