http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Paris Je T'aime
I've been a fan for French romantic movies since I watched Amelie. I was intrigued with the plot of "Love me if you dare" but I can't find a copy of the movie with English subtitles (too bad). When I found out that this movie is going to be shown here in KL, I was excited.

Paris Je T'aime is a compilation of 18 short movies all set in Paris, dealing with what the city is famous for - LOVE. The movie have shown different aspects of love - love at its initial stages, love in times of sickness, love of a grieving mother, love for a dying wife and the list goes on. The theme is light, which makes it genuine.

The story that really struck me is "14ème Arrondissement", a story of a middle-aged single American traveller who studied to speak French in preparation for her "trip of the lifetime". Here is the famous quote in that particular story:

Sitting there, alone in a foreign country, far from my job and everyone I know, a feeling came over me. It was like remembering something I'd never known before or had always been waiting for, but I didn't know what. Maybe it was something I'd forgotten or something I've been missing all my life. All I can say is that I felt, at the same time, joy and sadness. But not too much sadness, because I felt alive. Yes, alive. That was the moment I fell in love with Paris. And I felt Paris fall in love with me.

I highly recommend to watch this movie for those who have a chance to do so.
posted by subhuman @ 1:20 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links