http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Un-Hopeless Romantic
On my way home from our choir practice, one of the topics that my choirmates and I chatted is about why both of us were still single. According to him, fate has not intervened yet and he hasn't found that someone that he's intensely attracted to. He said that his friends may think that he's naive and ridiculous (actually I do) but that's what he believes in.


I find his answer quite 'interesting' because its rare for me to hear that kind of point of view from a guy. I mean, I always hear my female friends saying those kind of things, probably because most of us grew up watching or reading fairy tales, and most of girls end up believing that someday, their prince charming will come and rescue them from all the evil witches and spells. But for a guy to say those kind of stuff is something that's really new to me. Or maybe because I haven't asked much around the POV of the opposite sex. Probably, that guy needs to speaks the women's lingo (you know, the happily ever after thingie and not about sex).

I mentioned this to some of my friends and most of them found that answer to be normal. I don't know. And then I realized that most of the people around me opted to become hopeless romantics.

I do not consider myself to be one. As much as I loved the movies The Truth About Cats and Dogs, Notting hill and While you were sleeping, I didn't imagine myself that the guy portrayed by Ben Chaplin, Hugh Grant or Bill Pullman will come along and save me from all the burdens that I'm been going through. I used to read the Love Stories and Sweet Dreams book series and I admit that I feel good reading these kind of novels but I really didn't get to the point of imagining myself to be the protagonist in those novels. Probably because I was also exposed with the stories that my mom (who's handling the women's desk) used to share while our family eat dinner - about the stories of women who were abused by their loved ones. At the end of each stories (which could be funny, absurd or heartbreaking), she will always tell me the lessons that I need to know.

Most of my hopeless romantic friends thought that I'm the one that they can into whenever they need to get in touch with the real world. Well, its still up to them to decide on what they should do. But if you think that being an unromantic is a good thing, think again. Unlike the hopeless romantics, the point of view that I usually give is always on the safe side. And love is all about taking risks, which makes it beautiful.

This now led me to ask myself - until when should I remain this way? Well, I know that when I meet my match, my opinions will changes and someone can make me take that risk. But while waiting for that person to come, I will still continue my role as someone to give my friends their own dose of reality check.

posted by subhuman @ 1:03 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links