http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 24, 2008
Catchup Catchup
Its been a long time since I last wrote a blog about what's happening with me. I hope this blog entry can make it up for those times that I did not write about it.

After our Bangkok adventure, we celebrated for Mars' surprise birthday party. It was actually an idea brought up by Ace at the last minute, so it was not planned very well. All i can say is that it was an event full of (comedic) errors. We ended up beingsurprised ourselves because Mars turned up at places that we never expected. But anyway, what's important was that we were able to celebrate her birthday with her closest friends singing Bakit di na lang totohanin ang lahat? *wink wink*

10 months had passed and 13 students had graduated from my Computer Fundamental Class in FWRC. It was a whole day formal affair held at Hotel Maya in Kuala Lumpur with some of the political figures from the Philippines (Pardon me because I really can't remember exactly who the guest speaker was). Anyway, after my stint here, I realized that teaching is not really one of my passions. I don't think that I can commit another year with them. But at least, I'm still glad that I tried it.

Once my weekend was free since my Sunday classes were over, I decided to keep my weekends busy by doing what I really love - singing. I enrolled in a vocal class at the International College of Music (ICOM) and this time, I tried pop singing (I used to have classical voice lessons at UP College of Music Extension Program) under Mira. It was good because the songs that we studied are Natural Woman, Sweet Love and Another Sad Love Song.

One of my friends, Gilbert, decided to work here with Scope. I'm glad (o hayan lolo, walang bahid ng ka-plastikan yan! =P) that I have another kakulitan here in PJ and Im looking forward for more misadventures with him.

Anyway, since I love to plan for surprises and I needed to redeem myself from Mars' disastrous birthday planning, I helped out to organize the surprise gifts for Gen's birthday party together with Minnie and Dru. With her friends' help, we were able to come up with a 100 things about her. It was fulfilling because she was happy :)

Remember my previous post about the Young KL Singers? Right after my weekend music class in Titiwangsa, I have travelled 1 hour to go to TTDI (which is far by KL standards) for the screening and went to KLCC (whew). But it was all worth it because I made it! =P I've always wanted to join a prestigious choral group (yung professional at hindi ung binubuo lang) so it was exciting for me to get into this group.

My parents and Aunt Emie visited me here in Malaysia for the holidays. It was our first time to celebrate it outside Philippines. We went to Singapore to spend Christmas with my cousins. All I can say is that Christmas is still not the same compared to the Philippines.

And talking about a memorable Christmas, since I need to get back for work, Gilbert and I decided to take the last trip going back to KL on Christmas day. Unfortunately, due to some unfortunate circumstances, i.e the confusion between Transnational and Transtar, we missed our bus and had to stay an extra night in Singapore (thanks Janjan for accommodating us). It was funny because earlier that night, I wished to have more misadventures in 2008.. but boy, that wish was granted so fast huh?

Oh, I almost forgot, my housemates organized a carolling to let our fellow Filipino colleagues feel the spirit of Christmas. It was a fun experience and it was fulfilling to see their reactions whenever we sing Filipino Christmas carols. And to top it off, my housemates hosted a Christmas party to all of our friends as a thanksgiving and a celebration of our friendship.

After my parent's spent their 3-week vacation here in KL, the next thing that kept me busy was the YKLS rehearsals held every Monday night. It is something that I look forward every week, even though I'm still struggling with reading a music sheet. Anyway, the group is composed of around 40 members (predominantly Malaysian-Chinese). The rehearsal is spent on vocalization, learning the song, ice breakers and lectures about performing arts. Aside from the weekly rehearsal, I have my sight singing class on Thursday nights.

For the Chinese New Year long weekend, I went back to the Philippines. I met with some f my friends (thanks for your time guys) and we celebrated my mother's birthday with my relatives. It was a short trip but I really enjoyed it.

Whew! That was a quick update indeed. Now you've seen how busy I was (not to mention my current workload) and you know why it took me sometime to update this blog :)
posted by subhuman @ 2:32 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links