http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 17, 2007
On writing..
When I was young, I used to maintain a journal, sort of a diary which I keep to write my thoughts. And when there are days where I felt like looking back at what I felt while I'm writing it, I would take a peek on those journals.


English was my weakest subject when I was a student. I was discouraged to write because of this, knowing that my essays would be subjected to criticism. The journals that I submitted in my class were just mediocre and I was not inspired to write at all. When I was in high school, our teacher required us to submit a poem to look for our class' representative for the poetry writing contest. It was my first time to create a poem and I had considered myself lucky to be chosen. But I was not confident during the contest itself as it required us to write a free-verse poem and I was never exposed in that type of literature (I only read Sweet Valley and Sweet Dreams/Love Stories during that time). During my college years, I don't have the opportunity to write. I was focused on getting my degree that time. But one of my favorite past times in the dorm or in the library was to read the Youngblood articles. I was amazed with the articles submitted, hoping that someday I could see my name under its byliner.

When I began working, one of my favorite past times was to read the articles from Peyups and Youngblood. Also, I became more confident in English writing since my job requires me to express myself in English (due to our onshore counterparts). It's a good thing that blogging became a trend.. and this blog became an outlet for me to express myself. But due to my lifestyle during that time where most of my time was spent on working and commuting, I can't update my blog regularly.

I write more frequently on this blog when I moved here in Malaysia because I got tired of writing several emails to different distribution lists (so that when people asks me for stories about my misadventures, I can just point them to my blog.. and some of my friends give up because my story is sooo long hahaha). I am pouring all my thoughts on this blog (as you may see it). It made me realize that my dream of seeing my name in the Youngblood section of the Phil Daily Inquirer is not impossible; I just need to write more.. and I'm glad to hear good feedbacks from my friends who read this which inspires me to write more =)

So what's instore for me? Well, I have created a list of topics that I'm planning to write about.. it's just that I don't have enough time and energy to write these. I'm also planning to enroll in a Creative Writing class but since I'll be having a vacation in the Philippines on July, it might not be worth it (damn, and I still haven't enrolled myself in a voice lessons aargh!). Also, I wish that I could do an article in Filipino - because the first time that I attempted to do one, I ended up writing the article in English after 2 paragraphs. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed! =)
posted by subhuman @ 12:12 AM  

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links