http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Friday, May 04, 2007
Singapore Day 1

The thing about watching musicals in a venue like Esplanade is that the audiences were expected to dress up. I remember the first time that I watched the Chicago musical in Broadway where I was dressed up casually while the others were wearing from smart casual to formal attire (good thing it was a matinee show!).

I'm not the type of person who wears a dress most of the time so I opted to wear a long dress that I wore in my friend's debut a few years back as I don't want to spend money on that. I brought 2 dresses during that time - the other one is a black dress that I bought in Langkawi a few weeks earlier. After asking my housemates which one is better for the occasion, I wore the long dress instead.

My nieces Gela, Sistine and Issa were having fun as I dress up - they wore my clothes, my accessories and even my sandals! They were also amazed with my makeup. Aba, mas kikay pa sa kanilang tita! Hahaha!! I left Marine Parade at 1:25 PM and the show would start at 2:00 PM. I was running late.

At 1:45 PM, I met Mars and some of her friends at the Esplanade. Rye had not arrived yet so we headed to the theater. Our seats were really good! =) The musical started at 2 PM sharp. Too bad, Rye came in late but he was able to watch the play from the television outside the theater. Overall, the musical was okay but I'm not really ecstatic about it. More about the Phantom in a seperate entry (feeling critic ako nito hahaha!).

After the play, we took some pictures outside the theater as a remembrance of our affair with the Phantom of the Opera. Funny because we didn't realize that we took some photos in a restricted area! Of course, being the snapshot addicts as we are, we did some funny poses - to the horror of some of the audiences who were also taking pictures at that time.

After our pictorial, Mars met her friends while Rye and I met with Rey at the Esplanade. In a span of 2.5 hours, he was able to take pictures around the City Hall area. We took a cab going to Bugis Backpackers Hotel, where the 2 of them were staying. Of course, we changed our wardrobes and rested for a while. At around 8 PM, we went to Suntec Convention Center to check out the Karaoke bar there but we found it to be expensive. As we were all hungry (and weak) at that time, we decided to eat in a Thai restaurant - Tuktuk where we had Thai Iced Tea (my favorite), Chicken Pandan, Bean sprouts and Prawn cake. It's been a long time since I ate Thai food. Yummy! =P

After dinner, we went outside Esplanade and took some pictures (syempre picture taking pa rin hahaha!). Our backdrop includes the Fullerton Hotel and the Merlion statue as well. We're supposed to go to Clark Quay that night but we don't have enough energy for that so we decided to hang out at Starbucks near the Merlion statue - just like our typical Saturday night - but this time, there's no webcam nor a computer in front of us. O di ba? Hantaray kc sa Singapore pa kami tumatambay hahaha.. Of course, the kulitan was still there but this time we talked about serious stuff as well. We talked until 1 AM.



It was a great day for me - reliving the Big Chill sessions but this time were no longer talking about our previous job or any work-related stuff but about who we are and our dreams. I'm glad that I was able to spend it with 2 of my best friends, face to face..
posted by subhuman @ 12:47 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links