http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, May 13, 2007
Happy Mother's day!
As an OFW here in Malaysia, it exposed me to things that made me appreciate the things that my mother does to me (and to others as well)..

--> I do all my household chores - from cleaning my room, doing the laundry, ironing my clothes, everything! Since I got to experience doing all of these things, I learned to appreciate what our mother do to us (hello! sarili ko pa lang, hirap na ako, yung sa iba pa kaya?).

--> Being on night support is a nightmare to me. Imagine, giving up the pleasures that things that I usually do at night (like staying up late to blog or watch TV - akala nyo na kung ano no? =P) and to get paranoid waiting for a damn phone call.. and when i get paged, imagine my horror and anxiety while resolving an issue! And if get lucky, I would stay awake all night to work for an issue and go to the office on the next day. Because of this, I thought, if being on support for a week is difficult for me, what about the mothers out there who have to be "on support" for their babies and be sensitive when they cry? Then, after catering to their children at night, they need to go to work to provide for the family.

--> As an OFW, I've met a lot of mothers who have no choice but to be away from their children to provide a better future for them. I have witnessed how they've tried to cope when they miss their children (parang Anak ba ito? hehehe..)... and how they hide their loneliness if they are away from home..

I know that this is not the melodramatic posts but the bottom line here is that I really appreciate what my mother is doing to me and that I love her for that. So to all the mothers out there, I wish you all a belated happy mother's day =)


posted by subhuman @ 12:58 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links