http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Friday, May 04, 2007
Uniquely Singapore- Prologue
This is my third time to visit Singapore. Unlike in Taman Negara where we've been planning for it for 2 months, we just planned this trip for a month! Originally, our plan was to watch the Phantom of the Opera in Singapore. There were 5 of us who bought the tickets for the April 28 Matinee show - Mars, Rye, Nina, Issa and I. We had good seats as we were seated 10 rows away from the stage! However, a few weeks before Nina and Issa backed out because they made other plans. So Nina had to sold 2 tickets.

Just in time, April 26 and May 2 were declared as a public holiday in Malaysia which means that it is going to be a long weekend (hooray!). Mars and I filed a vacation on April 30 to maximize our trip in Singapore. So Rey also decided to go come along with us as well. Once again, another episode of misadventure! Hehehe..

Mars booked 4 tickets at the upper deck (bunk bed) going to Singapore via the train but the guys thought that they won't be comfortable with the bunk bed so they opted for the bus instead. Our train departed at 10 PM and is expected to arrive at 8:20 AM at Woodlands terminal - that is a 10-hour journey, very loong indeed compared to the typical 5-hour bus ride.

Rye was back once again in Malaysia. He just got back from Bangkok and we're teasing him that he'll be doing his Southeast Asian tour - Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia (whew!). He arrived on April 27 and was scehduled to go back on May 2 via Air Asia.
I was lucky because I completed my task earlier that day, just in time for me to meet with Rye at the Asia Jaya station. Even though I talk to him always in email and chat, it's still fun to chat with him personally, face to face. We went to section 14 to do his last minute shopping for our Singapore trip and had dinner at Secret Recipe. At almost 9:40 PM, we went to KL Sentral where we seperated as I headed to the train bound for Singapore with 13 of my officemates including Minnie and Gen while Rye went to Masjid Jamek where he's supposed to meet Rey.

We arrived at the platform 3 minutes before the train departed. So close right! Right after I placed my stuff on the bunk bed, the train left immediately. Mars and I were seperated from the rest of the Scope people. At 5'7, I can still lie with my leg stretched on the bunk bed but there is no other place where I can put my stuff in the train aside from my bed. So I ended up sleeping with my legs curled or my feet on top of my bag (which caused it to become numb huhu). Inspite of my unfortable position, I still got a good sleep on my way to Singapore.

At 8:00 AM, we arrived at Woodlands in Singapore for Immigration Inspection. Gen and the rest of the Scope people took off at this station while Mars and I went back to the train because its final destination, Tanjung Pagar, is where we're supposed to meet our friends. I think going back to the train was a big mistake because it took us 1.5 hour to get there - the train was very slow. We reached Tanjong Pagar at 9:45 AM! Imagine, staying in the train for 12 hours! Whew!

At 11:30 AM, I reached Ate Jing's place at Marine Parade Road. My nieces were very excited that they've been looking for me a few days before I arrived. Ate Jing met me in front of their building. Wee! My nieces, who just woke up, greeted me with a big smile as I played with them once again =P

And the misadventure begins...
posted by subhuman @ 1:53 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links