http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, March 20, 2007
My Housemates
It's been a long time since I arrived here in Malaysia and I realized that I haven't told about my housemates. So now, I'm writing an article about them. A lot of people around us think that me and my housemates have different personalities. Agri is the comedienne, Mars is the outgoing one while I am the singer. Inspite of that, we still jive with each other.

Mars, Agri and I used to work in the same project from my previous company. Mars and I were supposed to become housemates in Makati but it didn't push through due to our situation back then. When I learned that she'll be working in Malaysia, I asked her to become my housemate and she agreed. A month later, Agri joined us to be a part of the triumvirate of Unit 1302B.

Mars and Agri have a lot of things in common - they are both in their early 30s (o hayan, binuking ko na ang mga edad nyo hahahaha), devout born-again Christians, used to belong in the same team in our my previous project and are the eldest in the family (well, I'm the eldest too considering that I'm an only child). But the similarities only stops there.

Agri is the eldest among the three of us. She is our mother because she wakes up early to cook our lunch and prepare our baon. She seems to be intimidating at first because she has a strong personality; she's brutally frank and she is a human megaphone... but she's loveable. She is a very funny in fact she's the class clown when she's a student (kailan pa kaya yun? hahaha). Everyone loves her because she's not afraid to be herself, especially when she sings videoke (she doesn't need a mic because her voice is already loud), watches Korean novela (she knows all the Korean famous artist and their songs even if she can't understand a word), drools for her celebrity crushes, and cracks a joke (panalo ang mga hirit nyan). There's no dull moment with her.

Mars is an expert in cooking amongst the three of us. We always consult her when it comes to cooking. She's an adventurer and loves outdoor sports like hiking (she's a mounteneer), white water rafting and camping. She's also the queen of extra curricular activities as she loves to meet new people and to organize events. In fact, she spearheaded their team's Christmas decoration last year where they won. She loves to join anything that allows her to express her creativity. In fact, she's the one who encouraged us to join the Project Runway in Scope during our company's Merdeka celebration.

My housemates and I usually hang out in the common area. We are all couch potatoes, since we don't have a cable, we even watch the Chinese dubbed Korean telenovelas even if we dont understand a word. We love to chat and joke around. Agri is a very good storyteller, in fact she almost joined a theater group before. Agri and Mars always argue because they have different opinions, especially when it comes to marriage and its amusing when I hear them argue. Also, they're also good when it comes to giving advises.

I'm lucky to have them as my housemates. Maybe its because they're mature enough to deal with things. They are my family away from home. They are the reason why I don't feel homesick while I'm here in Malaysia. I'm thankful to have you gals. Mwah! =)
posted by subhuman @ 10:54 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links