http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 04, 2007
An Oscar's night - KL GSSC Annual Dinner


As what I've mentioned in my previous blogs, our company had an annual dinner. It is the event to watch out for most of the employees. Last year the theme was the 60s so everyone put on their best retro outfit and party!!

This year, the theme is Oscar's night. So everyone was expected to be at their best. I bought a dress, sandals and accessories last week. I had my hair and makeup done at the parlor in our building (by the way, she's good). It's funny because I've been thinking the whole week if curly hair would look good on me (bagay ba sa akin ang kulot?). Good thing the curls that the stylist did looked good on me. In fact, I'm planning to have my hair permed after a few months(ang kikay ba?). I was supposed to do my own makeup but I don't know the how to enhance my nose so I opted to leave it to the professionals. Good thing that I did because I loved my makeup. Many people thought I looked different that night - (divang diva except that I did not sing)

The party was scheduled at 6 PM at Sunway Hotel. It was raining hard that night so getting a cab was a challenge. Needless to say, we were late but good thing that the event haven't started yet. We arrived at around 7:20 PM. So we walked at the red carpet where our photographs were taken. It's funny though that a life-size picture of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie were included (syempre nagpa-picture kami! ahaha!!).

The event started at around 8 PM. As expected, everyone looked glamorous that night. Of course, picture taking was a part of the event since everyone looked great. There were performers that were hired that night - dancers, singers and theater actors. In my opinion, the dancers reminded me of the Bellestar dancers from GMA Supershow because of their costumes with feathers at the back (I don't know what its called). And as what Simon usually says at American Idol, their performance was cabaret. (Actually inaabangan naming lumabas si Kuya Germs hahaha).

The food served night was a coursed menu (Chinese food). It was weird because the appetizers and main dishes were served before the rice. Being a Filipino, I am used in a meal where the rice was served together with the main dish. However, a Malaysian colleague told us that a coursed menu here in Malaysia would usually serve rice and noodles right before the dessert. Anyway, it was hard to eat that much that night because we were conscious with the way we eat and if our dress would still fit. Imagine how disappointed I was when they serve prawns (my favorite!) so I have to eat it using a spoon and fork.

At the latter part of the show, there were some skits performed by professional actors. We only enjoyed the latter part of their skit. The last performer reminded me of Michael V with the way how he imitated Beyonce Knowles (but looked like Diana Ross with his hair). After the program, there was supposed to be a dance floor but the people left the venue since it is already late (it was 1 AM). We stayed for a few minutes and took some pictures at the lobby.

It was a fun night attending an affair like this. I get to see a different side of my colleagues - their glamorous side of course. I had a chance to feel like a celebrity as well and got a picture with Brad Pitt at the red carpet. It was a memorable night indeed! =)
posted by subhuman @ 10:01 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger Joseph said…

    fantabulous! Makalaglag panga ang mga girl friends ko ha! hehehe

    Job well done! =)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links