http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 11, 2007
A musical Saturday

Out of boredom, Minnie, Gen, Agri, Rey and I decided to go to Green Box Sungei Wang yesterday. Yes you heard it right, its Green Box and not Red Box. Actually, this is the place where my friends celebrated my birthday last year but it was renovated and enhanced so it became funkier. It really catered to a younger crowd like us. We opted to go to Green Box at around lunch time - from 11 AM to 2 PM. I was an hour late because I had an appointment with my dermatologist.

Since they changed the name to Green Box, the interiors were changed to green. The lunch menu is better and they're now serving unlimited drinks. Most of all, the song choices are better. Since I was late for an hour, I was only able to sing for 2 hours. It was fun sharing it with my friends as everyone gamely posed for the camera while belting our hearts out to our favorite songs. Keber kung sintunado, birit kung birit! And of course, just like what we did in our previous karaoke showdown, we can't help but dance while someone is singing a song. Agri is the biggest winner when it comes to joking around. She never failed to make us laugh. Good thing that she came in because she almost didn't make it. We really had fun singing that we didn't notice that it's 2 PM. We tried to extend our biritan session for one more hour but the room was reserved at that time. So next time, our karaoke showdown should last for 5 hours (enough na kaya yun? ahahaha!!). By the way, Green Box has a glass tube with a screen inside for karaoke. We're planning to try it as well hehehe..



We stayed for a while at Sungei Wang where I tried some hair accessories and bought a hairband (kakikayan na naman?!?!). We then parted ways; Minnie and Gen stayed at Sungei Want to look for birthday gift while Agri, Rey and I parted at KL Sentral as Rey and I went to Midvalley to watch Dreamgirls, a movie adaptation of one of Broadway's famous musicals.

I was lucky because Issa gave me a buy 1 free 1 coupon at the golden screen cinemas, so just in time for us to watch Dreamgirls. I must say that Jennifer Hudson deserves to win the Oscars. She outshone everyone with her performance - from her acting to her rendition of "And I am telling you, I am not going" and "I am Changing", which brought me goosebumps all over my body. Her songs didn't fail to give me goosebumps as well. Beyonce Knowles has her moment in the movie as well but it's not as powerful as Jennifer when she sang "Listen". It was refreshing to see Eddie Murphy in his role as Jimmy Early because this is the first time that I saw him in a serious role. He was able to justify the role, no wonder why he's nominated in the best supporting role category in the Oscar's. By the way, when I heard the song "One Night Only", I can't help but remember Hugh Jackman when he sang that song in 2004 Tony Awards. It was memorable for me because he was shaking his butt hahaha!!

Before we headed for the long queue for the movie, Rey and I bought 2 scoops of Haagen Daaz ice cream. It's been a long time since we last tasted it which is way back when were was still in Phoenix. So we savored each spoon of ice cream that reached our mouth. Another thing, the teaser for the fifth installement of the Harry Potter movie was shown (I think June is the playdate) so I was really ecstatic and was childlike out of excitement. =)

Anyway, after the movie which left us both stunned in Jen's (feeling close) portrayal, Rey bought his gym training gloves and socks and then we had dinner at Oh Sushi Restaurant where I ordered Tendon (I love shrimp and prawn!) while Rey had Salmon. Rey treated me with 2 sets of Maki (thanks a lot..yummy! Di bale, libre kita next time pero dapat mura lang hehehe). We discussed about a lot of things that night, little did we notice that the restaurant was closing. So we parted at around 10 PM.


At 11 PM, Ryan, Rey (parang ang tagal naming ndi nagkita no?) and I logged in to the chatroom. For the past week, the three of us were meeting in a chatroom until the wee hours of the morning and it became a habit. But this time, we took it to the next level - we had a voice chat using Skype and viewed ourselves using Yahoo. And as I said, we took it to the next level - we chatted until 4 AM! It was my first time to hear Ryan's voice after a long time and of course, jamming was a part of our voice conference where Rye played his organ (ang halay ba? ahahaha!!). Yes guys, I finally bought my webcam this weekend and tried it that night. (Hazek and Gilbert, hindi na ako naka-braille! hahaha!!). We were teasing Ryan that night because his profile looks like a 1x1 photo. I did have the same "problem" on Friday night when I tested my camera with Rey and I searched for the right angle. Anyway, it was so cool that I wanted to tell all my friends that So to all my friends out there, let me know when we can have a voice chat alrighty? =)

I really enjoyed that day, love it! It was exhausting yes but it was fun. So guys, sa uulitin!


By the way, thanks to Rey for the pictures =)

posted by subhuman @ 9:36 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:49 AM, Blogger Joseph said…

    Sa uulitin! =)

    Just let me know saan naman tau gigimik! Pero bitin sobra 3 hrs... sana next time yung 5 hrs try natin hehe.

    Grabe antok pa rin ako... kailangan ko magbawi ng tulog hehe.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links