http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 17, 2007
Blooming state
Gen and I were having a discussion yesterday on how most of our colleagues transformed physically when we left our previous job. Gen, for example, had her hair grown long. She said that she started to wear a skirt as well and shoes with heels. The same thing happened to me as well - I started wearing skirt in the office, became comfortable in wearing shoes with heels and wearing makeup. In other words, we expressed our feminity. When our friends in the Philippines saw our pictures, most of them would say "blooming ka" or "inspired ka, in love ka ba?". Of course, we would only laugh at those statements.

I remember the discussion that Debbie (my dormmate) and I had a few years back about this. When a person is in a "blooming" state, that person exudes an aura of happiness and contentment that he/she began to accept and love himself/herself. Because of this, that person attracts many people (just like a flower in bloom that attracts a lot of bees).

This is the reason why most people would say that in order to find a loved one, one must learn to love themselves first so that you can share that happiness that you have with someone. This is also where Niru's (my colleague here in Malaysia) advice applies - that I must look how a person takes care of himself so that I would know if he's capable of taking care of me as well. Makes sense right? =)

I don't know how to end this entry. I hope I was able to express myslelf clearly. This is just one of my thoughts that I really want to put here.
posted by subhuman @ 11:17 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links