http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 15, 2007
On Patriotism
The senatorial election is fact approaching and a lot of emails, reminding people to vote wisely, have been circulating. It is a shame for me to admit that I haven't practice my right to vote. I wasn't able to elect in the presidential elections 3 years ago because I was on my onshore assignment. This time, I won't be able to vote again for the upcoming elections this May.

A lot of people may think that it won't be a big loss since it's always a loser who wins the elecitons (what an irony). But the thing is, I still believe that my vote could still make a difference. If only a lot of people could think this way and vote for who they think is the right candidate, then our country is worth living for.

I am not the type of person who knows nor understands the current events. I consider myself as an ignorant when it comes to these things. I don't know if its a good thing or not. I become oblivious when it comes to all the social issues that my country is facing.

Even though I'm currently working abroad, I still see myself of going back and growing old in my country. Being away from the Philipines made me appreciate of the country itself, the people and who we are. Wherever I go, I am proud to admit that I am a Filipino. I know that a lot of people won't agree with me since it is a trend for the Filipinos to migrate to another country. I just hope that this remnant of patriotism in me can still make a difference to my country.
posted by subhuman @ 1:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links