http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, January 04, 2007
2006 in retrospect
So what's the best topic that I can post in the new year? A recap of what happened to me in the previous year.

But before I mention about my goals for the new year, I can say that 2006 has been a year that's full of challenges, lessons learned and I would consider as one of the turning point of my life. The year started with uncertainty and doubts which caused me to think on what I really wanted to do with my career and my life. Since there's no enough reason for me to stay in my previous job, I decided to move to another job in Malaysia. Unlike in my onshore assignment where all expenses were paid by my company, I am responsible with everything - from house maintenance, budget and dealing with people. I also find it challenging to live in a country that I'm not familiar with unlike in the US which has a big influence in the Filipino culture. It was hard to deal with it at first as I have many questions if I made the right decision. But eventually, I found out a lot of things about myself and have no regrets in making this decision.. there are things that I never thought I could become and its amazing to know that I can become this person. Also, I am glad that I was able to have a mature relationship with others and I know that I can depend on them - unlike when I was way back home where my world revolved in my work.

Living in another country taught me to deal with the fact that I will be away from my family and friends. I need to learn on how to be expressive with what I feel. Another trade off of living in another country is that I wasn't able to say goodbye to my friend Arnel, who ended his battle with cancer. It was really hard to deal with his loss especially when there's no people around me who's not really close to him.

Overall, I'm grateful with what happened to me this year even though I felt it was an emotional roller coaster ride. But I think it was a great one because I knew that I became a better person. And I know that it wont stop here.



posted by subhuman @ 12:43 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links