http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, October 01, 2007
Move It Concert: The Young KL SIngers' 5th anniversary concert
It's been a while since I last updated my blog (well 4 days is considered to be long for mer hahaha!!) since I've been busy chatting these past few nights hehehe.

Earlier, I watched the Young KL Singers' Move It Concert with Dru and Gen. The Young KL Singers is a chorale group under the Young Choral Academy here in KL. I found out about this group from the Kakiseni website, the site for anything related to the performing arts here in Malaysia. This concert is a celebration of their 5th year anniversary and was held at the Bangsar Shopping Center. This is my first time to watch this kind of event here in Malaysia.

The group performed some Malaysian songs, folk songs from some parts of the globe and of course, songs from the musicals such as Les Miserables, Miss Saigon, Oklahoma and Rent(woohoo!). I have enjoyed their concert even though I'm not familiar with some of their songs. Most of their songs gave me goosebumps while they perform, which indicates how their rendition made an impact to the audience. I can't help but be amazed with all of their efforts. I have a short term stint on chorale singing (with the Bells and Balls and in other contests during my High School days) and I was able to experience how gruesome it is to prepare for only 2 songs, but it's all worth it when I see how people were touched by our efforts. Among all types of singers, my hat goes off to the chorale singers and musical theater performers.

Again, kudos to the Young KL singers for a job well done and I'm looking forward for their next concert :)

PS: It was my first time to hear the song "Music Brings us Together" by Russell Robinson, and I liked the lyrics. When I looked for the song in Youtube, it seems that its a famous song that chorale groups would usually sing. I'm still looking for the song lyrics in the web.
posted by subhuman @ 12:48 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Young KL Singers are havin a concert comin up! its from the 30th of October till the 2nd of NOvember tickets are on sale now! the title is "Breakin it Down"

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links