http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 27, 2007
Radio Buff
Finally, after almost a year of being a parasite for internet connection, our household is now an official subscriber of Streamyx Broadband Internet. One of the perks of having our own Internet access is that I don't have to be in a specific spot in our house for me to be able to connect to the Internet. I can now surf the Internet from room, unlike before where the strongest spot is in our living room.

One thing that I'm really enjoying for now is the radio streaming service. Eradioportal is currently on my favorites because it allows me to listen to my favorite radio stations in Manila. Since I'm a music lover, where else can I learn about good music? ;)

I can't help but recall all the stations and the radio jocks that I've been listening in the past. I can't remember if I've been a regular follower of a particular radio station when I was in elementary, so I don't have an identity back then. I only became aware about it when I was in High School. My school bus is usually tuned to Kool 106 in the evening for the countdown (Kaleidoscope World by Francis M was at its peak) and my classmates would usually listen to WLSFM (Triggerman was a very popular DJ and Filipino alternative bands were very popular).

During my senior year in High School, I started listening to RX 931 because of its morning show - the morning rush with Chico and Delamar (that was 10 years ago.. imagine how old they are right now!). But I became its regular listener when I got into college since I don't have anything to keep myself entertained aside from my walkman. I learned about their other DJs like Boom Boom baby, Trish, Francesca, Chinggay and Tom Alvarez (to whom we would listen at night for his Love Clinic).

But I am not a loyal RX listener. I also listen to Magic 899. My fave show is the daily countdown that used to be hosted by Mo Twister and Miles. I also listen to their weekend countdown and their all request countdown - wherein I would make a request. Sometimes onair but usually I do it via SMS. But my favorite is the sunday slow down every Sunday night where they would play all soul and RnB sentimental songs. In fact, this is a favorite among my dormmates and we would listen to it together using our own walkman (I miss it).

Believe it or not, I've been an avid listener of these 2 stations that I've actually joined their contest and won (usually I would join the contest at around 4 AM to take a breather from studying). Needless to say, I've visited their station and saw some of their jocks when I claimed my prizes.

Aside from these 2 stations which plays the latest from MTV, I also listen to Wave 89.1 for RnB, hiphop, soul and pop jazz music when I'm not into the latest songs. But if I'm into alternative, adult contemporary music, I'd stay tune to Jam 88.3 (formerly known as Citylite).

There are also other stations which I would listen occasionally depending on my mood. When I want to express my angst, I would listen to NU 107. Sometimes I would chat with my guy classmates which songs topped its daily countdown. When I want to relax and not to think about anything, I would listen to 92.3 Joey@Rhythms , 105.1 Crossover or 88.3 Citylite for jazz music. And believe it or not, I also listen to 98.7 dwFE for classical music. You see how eclectic I am when it comes to music. Hehe.

Anyway, I'm just so glad that we have Internet access at home. Now I can listen to Chico and Delamar's Morning Rush and look forward for their Top 10 list every morning :)
posted by subhuman @ 1:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links