http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Ang Tanda ko na!
In today's edition of Youngblood from the Philippine Daily Inquirer, they featured an article entitled "Fruit of Life". This is a birthday post of a 27-year-old teacher from Pangasinan. He asked himself if he "was getting older and wiser, or simply getting older?". He also asked himself that "if [he were] a coconut tree, has [he] borne fruits? If so, how many? How delicious and how much?". I am not going to answer that question since my birthday was about a month ago and I believe that I have written so many articles about it (next year na lang, para may kakaiba na naman =P).

The article made me realize how old I am right now. It hasn't sink in to me yet that my age is the age where most people get married (well most of my childhood friends have a family of their own). But the author obviously has a family of his own and has his own family as his priority at the age of 27. Meanwhile, I am 26 years old and I can't imagine myself preparing for a family of my own - and mind you, not even my own wedding (kailangan muna kc maghanap ng fafa ahaha..).

Don't take my previous statement as whining, since I'm still far from the path of settling down. Well, I still don't feel that "special kind of something". Maybe it's because I am a late bloomer. I remembered what Labatt (the Labour Attache from the Phil Embassy) said to us last weekend, that if a young person still doesn't want to become married yet (or doesn't feel that urge), its because he/she is happy with his family. And I'm really glad to hear this. That statement validated that I'm still a normal person :)
posted by subhuman @ 1:09 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links