http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Saturday, September 08, 2007
tony awards 2007 spring awakening cast performance

Tonight is the premiere of Avenue Q in Manila. As what I've mentioned in my previous entry, this is one of the musicals that I really wanted to watch. I was happy when I found out that this musical would be shown in Manila and it was tentatively scheduled to be shown on August, just in time for my birthday holiday. Unfortunately, it was postponed to September, a week right after I came to Manila.. DARN!!

Anyway, to comfort myself, I spent the night watching musicals in Youtube - from Avenue Q to Rent; and I'm proud to say that I have added a new musical that I wanted to watch - Spring Awakening, this year's winner of the 2007 TONYS for Best Musical =) It is based from the controversial German play of the same title, which tells about a teenage coming-of-age story in an age where a lot of things were taboo. The plot is really interesting and the lyrics are well, explicit. The music is created by Duncan Sheik so expect its sound to be on the alternative side - something that the youth can really relate to. This musical is said to be the next 'Rent' when it comes to its impact in the musical theater.

Anyway, I really wish that I could watch this musical onstage. I really enjoyed the videos that I've watched from YouTube. It seems that I'm just watching a concert or an MTV and buying the soundtrack will be worth it as it have wonderful songs such as It's the Bitch of Living, Totally Fucked and Mama Who Bored Me.

Well, I'll let you watch this video from the Tony Awards and let you see for yourself what's the fuss is all about. I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did :)

posted by subhuman @ 2:27 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links