http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Thoughts of a sleepyhead
Here I am, in front of the computer at 5 AM in the morning, writing this blog entry as I'm having a hard time getting back to sleep, although my mind is not that working right now, that's why I think I put one of the least creative title for this entry. I'm on night support once again and I received a call at around 3:45 AM. Good thing the page that I received is something that I've done before.. I have to bear with this thing for the rest of the week.

****

We have a visitor once again! Mars' mother, sister and a family friend, Tita Marissa are staying in 2 weeks for a vacation. And of course, they brought a lot of Filipino goodies that Agri told me that we have a sari-sari store at home. Just like any parent, Mrs Rodriguez and Tita Marissa cooked a lot for us - at the expense of my diet ahahaha!!! It is also nice to get to Sunshine, Mars' younger sister who has the same age as I do. I hope they'll enjoy their stay here in Malaysia.

****

One of my colleagues, Tza, found out that her father passed away this morning. I don't have the details yet on what happened but I heard that they're coming back to the Philippines tomorrow morning.

That call is the most dreadful one that most OFW doesn't want to hear - a death of a loved one, especially if it's from their immediate family. Many Filipinos would leave their families to seek greener pastures, leaving the opportunity of feeling the warmth of their hug, having a shoulder to cry on, witnessing all their loved one's significant events (like a wedding, a baby's first step, etc). Usually, its the OFW who's in the difficult position.

I can only imagine Tza's pain when I heard her cried when she found out about the sad news. She was not there to be at her father's side when he needed her most. I'll just pray that she and her family would have the strength to endure this challenge.
posted by subhuman @ 5:12 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links