http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Singapore trip - Day 4

Note: I'll be writing from the most recent experience that I had since it would be easy for me to complete this. I know there's a lot of entries that I need to write..

On our last leg of our Singapore tour, we decided to go to Sentosa. That morning, Ate Jing (my cousin) and I had chatted that morning, talking about our experiences in Singapore - her life in Singapore as a mother, the misadventures that I had on that trip and updates with our family. I rarely had that kind of conversation with her for such a long time and I missed that. Ate Jing was like an elder sister to me - she witnessed how I grew up and its through her that I felt like on what its like to have a sister. Anyway, she's my parents' adopted daughter as well. We helped her when she was pregnant with her first child, Gela while her husband, Kuya Abe is working abroad. Its one of the reasons why I opted to stay in their house - to bond with them once again hehehe. And its a good thing =) Thanks Kuya Abe and Ate Jing for accommodating me during my stay in Singapore! =)

Anyway, I left their house at 9:30 AM and met with Rey and Rye in Bugis Village. I left my stuff in their hostel and we looked for good bargains for souvenirs. At 11 AM, we went to Harborfront for our Sentosa trip. Mars was supposed to join us for that trip but she was "tired" from her date (*wink wink) from the previous night so there were only the 3 of us who went there. We arrived at Sentosa at 11 AM and took the cable car on our way there. Ryan was afraid of heights but underneath the river is the sea so he's not that afraid (he's a swimmer). Our plan that day was to take some pictures in Sentosa, go to Underwater World and meet some of our friends there.

When we arrived, we walked around Imbiah lookout, starting at the Merlion statue and took some pictures there. We walked our way to Siloso beach; since it's a holiday (Labor Day), the beach was full of people playing volleyball. We spent too much time walking and envious of the people who were playing volleyball. We only realized that we're hungry when Janjan texted me where we're going to meet for lunch. So when we saw the delifrance restaurant near the Rasa Sentosa Hotel, we ate right away and told Hazel and company to meet us there. It was nice to see them once again - Hazel, Janjan, Khris, Mavic (my former housemate) and Joyce. We spent a few minutes as Sentosa and took some picture at the Siloso beach. Thanks for going all the way to Sentosa guys, really appreciate it =)

After a few minutes of chatting, we went to the Underwater World which is just nearby. It was my second time to go there. Rey, who had been to Aquaria in Malaysia, said that Aquaria is better than Underwater World. We spent almost an hour looking at the marine life and decided to leave Sentosa so that we'll catch our bus going back to Malaysia.

A funny thing happened on our way back to the cable car station - from the underwater world, we're supposed to take off at the Merlion park which is just a station away from where we came from. But we reached the other end of the red line bus so we had to take off and wait for the long queue for the next bus. Rey went ahead with the bus (madaming singit) and Ryan and I did not make it on that bus. Once again, we reached the underwater world station and that's when we realized that we should take off at the merlion statue to reach the cable car station. Talk about our misadventures! Hahaha..

It was 5:30 PM when we arrived at the Bugis Village to take our stuff from the hostel. We did our last minute shopping and retouch in a span of 30 minutes. We took a cab from Bugis Village and made it for our 6:30 PM trip going back to KL in Harborfront Center.

Our journey back to KL was a fast one. We left at around 7 PM and arrived at Menara Axis (near my office) at 11:10 PM. We all headed to my unit and invited Migs and Tza, Ryan's best friend who's also working here. We spent the night chatting until 4:00 AM. It was a tiring but fun-filled vacation for all of us. I had so much fun and can't wait for our next trip (kung san man yun ahaha).. Sa uulitin! =)
posted by subhuman @ 4:32 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links