http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, May 02, 2007
Red Box showdown..Again!
There are lots of things that I wanted to do with my parents. These are the things that I've been planning while I'm still working in Manila. I wanted to bring them to a theme park, which was fulfulled by going to Genting (an upgrade from the Enchanted Kingdom which I've been "planning" years ago hahaha). Another thing that I wanted to do is to bring them to a Karaoke Bar. Fortunately, Gen expressed that she wanted to have a "break" and sing her heart out (bakit kaya? I will survive ang drama mo siguro hahaha), so I invited once again the rest of the barkada - Minnie, Rey and Agri for our Karaoke session. Agri wanted to try Red Box here in Malaysia so we decided there. So I tagged along my parents since my father loves to sing (suki ng videoke yun ahahaha!!). For Easter Sunday, we're planning to celebrate it with a bang - videoke! I booked a room at Red Box Low Yat for 7 people beginning at 1 PM.

I brought my parents to St. John's Cathedral to hear the Easter Sunday Mass. Rey also attended the same mass and met us since we're going to the videoke. But before we headed to Low Yat, we bought tickets for our Langkawi trip in Pudu Raya bus station which is very near the Cathedral. After that, we went to Low Yat and had ate Chinese food in Good Happiness restaurant. We were a bit worried because we might lose our reservation as most of us arrived late.
Minnie and Gen arrived at Red Box a few minutes earlier. It took us sometime to finally get it started because there's a lot of clarifications that we need to do. I think the receptionist must have been annoyed but hey, its part of her job right? The fares are higher compared to Green box and we don't think that we got a good deal compared to our Green Box experience - the food is not good and the drinks is not bottomless. The interior is quite old fashioned and the song selections are not good either. But anyway, we still managed to enjoy ourselves (kami pa! as long as may camera, masaya na kami! =P).
Of course, my father is quite shy (alam kong gusto nyo nang bumirit hehe) but still he managed to sing a few songs. Of course, My Way is part of it, hehehe. Anyway, in exchange for the not-so-good deals that we had, our room was vacant after our so-called shift. So we ended up singing for 7.5 hours! Woohoo! Of course, the night won't be complete without Agri singing any Korean songs. She sang a few songs from Rain. My parents were both amused with her antics. We sang One Love Blue as the finale of our songfest.
After that, we ate at the Hawker nearby and headed home. It was a fun night for me. I hope everyone did as well =)
posted by subhuman @ 1:19 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links