http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 03, 2007
Singapore trip - Day 2

On our second day of our Singapore tour, this was labelled as our QT day - a time for us to meet our friends. I decided to spend this time with my nieces.

I woke up at 9 AM at the Bugis Backpackers hostel. A few hours before that, I woke up because it was so cold. Being the cowgirl that I am, good thing that I brought a pair of socks and I used the dress that I wore on the previous day as a blanket. (O di ba? Ang bibo ko? Hindi ko na lang pinatay ang aircon hahaha!!). When I left, I realized that I left the bus book that Hazel gave me a few years back when I visited Singapore. So I texted Kuya Abe for directions on how to go to his unit. As I waited for his text message, Rey, Rye and I ate breakfast at the nearby McDonalds.

At 11:30 AM, I still haven't receive a reply yet so I went home with the directions that I remember - riding bus 36 from the Suntec Convention Center. That means that I had to take a train from Bugis to City Hall (which is just a station away) and to walk from City Hall to Suntec (which is quite far). Not wanting to get lost again, I bought a bus book once again at the first MPH bookstore that I saw. While waiting for bus 36 in Suntec going to Marine Parade, I learned that I can take the bus 48 from the Rochor Road (where the Bugis Backpackers hotel is situated) going to Marine Parade. Grr!

At around 12:30 noon, I arrived at Marine Parade and Ate Jing prepared a sumptuous lunch - munggo, squid and pork ribs. After that, I took a bath and watched ASAP in the Filipino Channel with my Gela, Sistine and Issa (my nieces who are 8, 5 and 2 years old respectively). I fell asleep at around 2:30 PM and woke up at 5:00 PM. We know that we can't make it at the evening mass that night to we decided to go to Vivo City - the most recent mall that opened in Harborfront.

Vivo City is considered to be the biggest mall. It reminded me of Rockwell Powerplant Mall in Manila. Anyway, we had dinner at the kopitiam where I ate Japanese food and then we strolled the mall. I found a white watch at Esprit that I really like but since I need to be stingy, I didn't buy it. Anyway, there was a time when I need to take care of Issa all by myself. When she started looking for her mom, I brought out my camera to take her pictures. I found her amusing because I don't need to teach her how to pose - she knows how to project! Just take a look at the pictures to see what I mean.

The mall closed at 10 PM and I bought 3 slices of Secret Recipe cakes for us to eat that night. It may seem like a very laid back day for me compared to the usual trips that I had but spending time with my nieces is enough to become a memorable day for me. =)
posted by subhuman @ 1:35 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links