http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Saturday, March 03, 2007
On Travelling
Cebu Pacific has an ongoing promo where the airfare going to any destination from Manila only costs 1 peso (excluding taxes of course). I haven't decided yet where to go when my contract expires on July and what to do with all the remaining vacation that I have.

Anyway, I only got interested in travelling during my onshore assignment. Every month, we would have a road trip. It's fun to explore a place that everyone is not familiar with or go to a place that I can only see in the pictures or in the movies. So as the grand finale of my onshore experience, Hazel and I went to Hawaii. The exciting part about it is that there were only the two of us and we don't know anyone from that place; we don't even know how we would go to the hotel from the airport. Now, that is what I call an adventure =) So how did we survive? Well, we mingled with the locals and ask them how where are the best places to go to and how to get there =D It was really fun!

With that experience, I told myself that I will visit at least 1 foreign country every year. So in 2005, I encourage my parents to have a SEA tour (they were hesitant at first when I told them about this) - Singapore, Bangkok and Indonesia. Unlike in my previous road trips where I travelled with my colleagues, at that time the pace should be slow since my parents are no longer at their prime. It was fun experience because it was my first time to travel with them. If I would compare our experiences in these 3 countries, I can say that Bangkok is my favorite; it may not be as organized as Singapore and we stayed in a place similar to the Quiapo area but the sense of adventure was there - not all people can speak English, their alphabet is different and we don't know anyone nor anything! (reminds me of my Hawaiian escapade =P). Also, I love the food in Thailand =D Yummy! =)

For 2006, well, I moved to Malaysia. Though I may not consider as travelling since I am working here. But hey, it still did not fail my goal of going to another country once a year right? =)

There are still lots of countries that I wanted to go to but so far these are beyond my reach. In the meantime, I'll explore our neighbor countries.

Anyway, Gen, Minnie went to the MPH Warehouse sale earlier and I found the book that I really wanted to buy for a long time: Lonely planet's Travel Photography: A guide in taking better pictures. I almost buy this book when I saw it last year at Powerbooks for P1400 but I bought it for RM 45. Now I'm excited to travel and to take pictures. =P
posted by subhuman @ 1:37 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links