http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 01, 2007
Things that money can't buy..
Something bothered me last night that I was not able to be asleep, aside from the fact that I was hungry. Usually, if something offensive is being said to me, it would usually take time for those words to sink in and for me to think how I should deal with it.

I was chatting with this friend and we discussed one of the things that we shouldn't be discussing - money matters. Anyway, I wouldn't divulge many details about our conversation. If there's one thing that I am really sensitive about, it's about being judged on the way how I live my life. This is why I rarely talk about this with my friends.

Our conversation left me an impression that my self-worth is being measured by how much my bank account contains. I know that what my friend told me does not intend to hurt me. Its just that I'm just too sensitive about it.

Although I may not be earning that much here in Malaysia, I am still happy that I am here. I will never trade the things that I am enjoying here for the money that I could be probably earning in another country. I am happy with the people around me - my housemates and my close friends who have been my family away from home. This is also the reason why most of our visitors love to stay in our house is because of the warmth of our friendship. I like the laidback lifestyle of the Malaysians and their hospitality which allows me to give me more time for myself and to enjoy mingling with them. Even though Malaysia is not as organized compared to other countries but some "malfunctions" can lead to a memorable experience(remember that I was stuck in the train right). I am thankful that my current company with the way how they take care its people. Being here in Malaysia also allowed me to love (and accept) myself and to pursue my passion (music). These are the things that money can't buy.

I have a colleague who left our company a few months ago for greener pastures in Ireland. Now he's back here in Malaysia because he doesn't like his job in Ireland - he was treated like a working machine there. So after a few months, he packed his bags. This is not the only story of someone who has returned here after seeking greener pastures in other countries.

I know you have heard these from me my friend, except the fact that I got offended. It took a while to sink in. I'm not mad though because I respect the things that are important to you. Maybe its just that we value different things. I guess the best thing would be for us not to touch that topic once again.




posted by subhuman @ 11:34 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Anai! Thanks for the greetings! :) I am truly touched. :) love ya and miss ya! mwua. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

     
  • At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oops, yung post ko pala is for the Feb 28 one, ehehehe.. blogs blooper! mwua!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links