http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, May 15, 2005
I am a Singer
I love to sing. I think its in my genes. During family gathering, my father never fails to sing during family gathering as he always sings his heart out on songs by Tom Jones and that Engelbert guy. Im not embarassed even though his type of songs are baduy because he has the voice to carry the tune.

When I was a baby, I cry a lot. My mother had a hard time from stopping me from crying. But people says that babies who cries a lot may end up being a singer. And I think they proved that when I was 3 years old. After the mass, I would always sing those hymns that my parents recorded me while singing my own rendition of our father and lamb of god.
During my second grade, my teacher must've seen my guts and my appreciation in singing so she signed me up to be our class representative for the grade school singing contest. I sang Mr Dreamboy by Sheryl Cruz which the judges found amusing so I ended up in the third place. I joined 2 singing contests after that but unfortunately I lost. As I grew up and I became shy to sing in public, I joined the church choir and the glee club in school.

A few years later, my exposure in singing experience is limited in videoke and in the bathroom. My friends and team mates from the office labelled me as the videoke queen as I would sing my heart out. My team mate Jasmine convinced me to enroll in UP Conservatory of Music. I did for one semester and I took up classical voice training. It was an experience for me but I find it difficult to sing since I'm used in pop singing. After the course, I performed on my first recital. I sang If I loved you from the Carousel musical.

Last month, my office mate Arnel and I signed up for the theater singing workshop offered by our company for free. Because of this training, I appreciated musical theater and promised myself to watch all the musicals shown here in Manila. At the end of the workshop, we would record a song in a recording studio. Our schedule was last week and I would say that it was indeed an experience. I sang Fallin from they're playing our song musical. Being inside the recording booth is nerve wracking and it's really weird to hear my voice from the headphone while I'm singing. What's more weird for me is listening to my song after recording. It's a good thing that the one who's in charge of the recording session was supportive and encouraging for us to get through our first recording experience. I can't wait to get a copy of my CD!!!
Not contended for joining the theater workshop, Arnel and I signed up for the pop singing workshop. This time, there are four of us from our project na kinarir din ito... Ryan and Lucky. They sang last time in front of everyone and got criticized for it (feeling American Idol di ba?). Ryan is a good singer and left us amazed after his 'performance'. Lucky said that its too bad that she didn't had a chance to meet us earlier as she is really has the passion in singing. Anyway, we've decided to join a musical theater workshop in October so that we could further hone our craft.

I'm really glad that finally I get to do something that I really love as a diversion from the stress of working in IT. And I'm also happy that I get to meet people who share the same passion and interest in music =)

posted by subhuman @ 9:20 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links