http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, March 20, 2005
Rain

Most of the people associate rain for gloomy, sad moments in life. I feel otherwise. I like the sound of rain falling on the roof. I like to watch the rain as it pours. I know I will have a good sleep when it's raining really hard. And when the rain the too strong, classes are suspended and there's a reason not to go to work. This is the time when I get to bond with my family and friends. My mom would cook a good hot meal and the family would share stories over lunch or merienda. And everyone will have a good siesta.

Another unforgettable rainy exeperience that I love was way back in college when it rained non-stop for four days and I was in the dormitory. Our food supplied replenished and we can't go outside because of the flood. I will never forget when we had a jamming session and Kitchie was playing the guitar. Another activity that we did was to observe the people outside and how they struggle to pass the dirty flood. There's one couple from, where the woman does not want to pass the flood so her boyfriend had to carry her while he walks on that dirty, contaminated, black, knee-deep water in the streets of Dapitan. Aww..

Speaking of kilig stories under the rain, I have one too. Love hit me at a young age of 10 (my friends don't know that and I'll find out who among my friends reads my blog because of this revelation hehe). At that time, we had an activity at school on a Saturday afternoon and on my way home, it started to rain. Fortunately, I brought my red polka dot umbrella so I did not get wet. The distance from my school to my house is about 2 KM and I can't remember why I walked instead of taking a tricycle (it's a good thing that I didn't or else I'm not writing this story). Anyway, for the kilig part, I saw the object of my affection soaking wet due to rain and needless to say, we shared my umbrella. Although we did not say any word (during that time we're in an awkward stage), it was a bliss for me.

When I left for Phoenix, I miss the rain terribly. There was a time when it rained around March (about a year ago) but its not as strong as the one that I experience here in Manila. So I missed the sound of the rain hitting the roof. With this exeperience, it made me realize that I love it and I appreciate the good memories that rain brought in my life. I think rain is also a way of God of telling most people (including me) to take a break from the the daily pressure that we experience and spend time with the people around us. And I thank Him for doing that.

posted by subhuman @ 3:22 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links