http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, May 02, 2005
Baguio trip
Cycling team in Baguio Posted by Hello

I've been eager to go to Baguio for the long time. The last time I've been there was before the earthquake happened (which was about 15 years ago) and I never been there ever since. I've been contemplating what if my mother allowed me to study college in Baguio. It's a nice place to stay actually.I really wanted to go to this place and see how it was able to rebuild itself after an earthquake destroyed this city. Fortunately, our team building was held in this place since Lynn prefers to go this place rather than the beach.

For our trip, we left at around Friday 1 PM so that we could be in Baguio 8 PM. The team is seperated into 2 cars: Eric C was the driver of the smaller one and with him are Denise, Maddy, Susan and Ivan. The other car's driver was Bong with Lynn, Cindy, Janjan, Abby, Eloisa and I as passengers. I can't help but feel amazed and pity at the same time to our car drivers since they were able to drive for 7 hours with Kennon road as the most difficult phase. No wonder Eric C was grumpy that night. Bong, as the host of our team building activity, was still able to crack jokes and made us feel at home that night. We stayed at Bong's family resthouse for the whole weekend.

On Friday night, we had dinner at Bong's cousin's restaurant where they really have big servings of food. As a matter fact, we were not able to consume the sinigang that we ordered which is supposed to be good for 4 people. That night, we played Cranium which became a battle between the oldies and the new members of my team. Until now, I still can't believe that I'm now considered as one of the oldies. It was a fun game and of course, we won. After that, we played 1-2-3 PASS with beer as our drink. Because of that game, I consumed more than 1 can of beer. But the biggest loser of the night was Susan because I think she consumed 2 1/2 cans of beer. We slept at around 3:30 AM the next day.

After 4 hours, I woke up because it was very cold. The reason why we were freezing was because we forgot to close the window. And stupid as I was, I forgot to bring any sweater. Well, I thought that I left my sweater at the office when I packed my things but it turned out that I brought it home. Anyway, I had no choice but to wrap myself with my malong and towel. Early morning, we went to mines view park and bought a lot of pasalubongs. The place was crowded so I was not able to enjoy the view. After mines view, we had pizza for lunch at Camp John Hay. Since Lynn was tired from walking, we went back to the rest house. I barely slept that night so I took a nap. Unfortunately, Maddy talked about her lovelife while I was sleeping and I missed that. At 6 PM, we went to the basilica to hear the anticipated mass. Then we went back to Camp John Hay to eat dinner at Forest House. It was my first time to eat chicken madeira again since I got here in Manila. I remembered Hazel because we would always oreder course from Cheesecake Factory way back in Phoenix. Anyway, the waiter had a crush on Bong (who is a gay magnet, by the way). We found out about it because Maddy saw the waiter licking the corner of his mouth and looking at Bong lustfully while Bong is paying our bill. Everyone was amused with the story when Maddy told us about it. After that,we went back home and the whole team played 1-2-3 PASS again with vodka as the 'punishment'. This time, everyone is cheating and there are alliance teams which is really hard to figure out. Bong and cindy played a prank on Janjan and made him drunk that night. So the night ended with everyone listening to Janjan telling about his lovelife.

The next day, everybody packed up for Manila and left Baguio at around 11 AM. But before we left, we did our last minute shopping for pasalubong. But of course, the fun never stops there. As if his humiliating experience from the previous night, Janjan spilled his drink during lunch when we ate at Jollibee in Pangasinan. The 'wet area' does not look good so he had to change into his dirty clothes. I got home at 7 PM that night


To sum it all, I'm glad that this team building allowed the old and new members of the team to bond. I like the new members of the team because they reminded me of my college friends (which are very makulit by the way). Kung gaano kagulo ang mga college friends ko, ganun din sila kakulit. And I never felt out of place around them. Now there's hope of me not becoming an outcast anymore and fortunately the people that I wanted to hang out with just around the corner (sensya na kung cheesy ung line ko.. hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin sa english e.. hehe). I find this as a good thing because I won't be shy anymore and I can be more of myself now since I'm now corfortable with the people that I work with.

posted by subhuman @ 12:25 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links