http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, February 21, 2007
CNY Long weekend
Since it was a long weekend, most of the people are out of town. Unfortunately, I was on support (as what my previous blog is all about) so I just stayed at home and did the household chores. Also I had some visitors who came all the way from Singapore - Hazel and her parents, Janjan, Malen and her BF, Howard. They decided to go to Malaysia to spend the Chinese New Year. It was Hazel's parents' first time to go to Kuala Lumpur; Howard's first time (the reason why Malen brought her) and Janjan's second time. I was not able to accompany them when they go around KL but since most of them were not first-timers, I was not worried that they would get lost. Thus, my interaction with them is only during dinner time. They all arrived on Saturday morning.

On Saturday night, I cooked some spaghetti and made a fruit salad for dinner. Fortunately, everyone liked my spaghetti so everything was consumed that night (janjan - kailangan maluto mo ung recipe ko kapag pumunta kami sa Singapore hahaha!!). At midnight we watched the fireworks from the hotel nearby and we were lucky because we're on the 13th floor so we got a good view of the fireworks display.

On Sunday night, I spent the night chatting with Janjan and Hazel, catching up the good times. Malen and Howard left for Singapore that night and Hazel's parents were tired. Hazel and I relived our onshore days by looking at the pictures that we had. It was fun to look at the pictures with someone who has been a part of that great experience. Also, just like the onshore days, we took some pictures with creative poses =P




On Monday morning, Hazel and her parents left for Singapore. Mars wanted to go to Batu Caves so she and Janjan made some plans. Rey, Minnie and Gen later went to our house in the afternoon - Rey to surf the internet while Minnie and Gen went to upload some pictures. All of us were convinced by Mars and Janjan to go to Batu Caves, including me. Good thing that my secondary Paul allowed me to go out until 7 PM. At the Batu caves (a place of worship offered to the Hindus), we spent the afternoon taking pictures (well what can you expect?). We also climbed the grand staircase with 272 steps. Since there were 6 of us who went there, it was a fun afternoon =) That night, we ate at Picadilly's where we had Nasi Lemak, Pattaya and Kuey Teow.


On Tuesday, Janjan left for Singapore that morning so I spent the day sleeping, watching Chinese shows on TV (can't understand any single word) and ironing my clothes. See? I'm domesticated! Actually, I'm the type of person who can't stay at home during weekend and spending most of the time at home on a long weekend is a "miracle" haha (and it was because I'm on support). Well, at least I tried something new again this time.
posted by subhuman @ 10:48 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links