http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Saturday, February 03, 2007
My dorm life
When Jopay arrived here in KL, we relived on how we had so much fun in the dormitory. This is the reason why I have this entry posted.

I stayed in a dormitory for 3 years. During my first semester in college, I had to wake up at 4 AM daily to get into my 7 AM class in UST. It wasn't bad at all since my classes ended at 1 PM at the latest. It was not that hard to get home since it was early. On my second semester, my first class is at 7 AM and would end at 4 PM. Commuting at that time was a challenge so my family decided for me to stay in a dormitory. Since I am a "sheltered" daughter, my parents wanted me to go in a dormitory managed by nuns. I stayed in the Sacred Heart Dormitory in Dapitan which is ran by the Augustinian sisters.

Since I am an only child, I didn't know what it's like to have a sister. Living in a dormitory allowed me to experience what it's like to have one. Also, I was one of the few people who did not take up a pre-med course in our group so it was a "breather" to interact with people who does not talk about formulas and syntax. I am staying at the 5th floor and we were out of the authorities' sight (mwehehe). These are the 8 people whom I consider as my sisters:

Ruby - my roommate, the most disciplined and focused student that I know. She studies her notes a week before her exam and is not used in cramming. We barely spoke to each other when I'm still new (because she's always studying) but eventually we became close. I remember when we're noisy at the dorm, somebody would say "Huwag kayong maingay, nag-aaral si Ruby".

Debbie - the most bubbly among us. She's the opposite of Ruby because she's an expert when it comes to cramming (and she always managed to get good grades). One thing that she's known with was that she does not wake up easily. When she planned to wake up at 3 AM for her review, the whole wing wakes up because she did not hear her alarm clock (kasi mantika matulog e)

Mik - the art chick. Her dad is a painter and her mom is an interior designer. She's also a writer as well. I love how she "decorates" her stuff with her drawing, her room with flowers (simple but vibrant) and other art stuff. She likes things that many people would find as eccentric. What should I expect, she's an artist and they see things differently. :-)

Tin - the musician. We jived because we both like music, in fact, she's the one who exposed me to jazz music. If she didn't take up a Medicine, she'll be probably pursuing a degree in Music. By the way, we have lots of things in common - music, likes green color and we almost had the same bday (hers is Aug 29, mine is Aug 30). By the way, she's the sweetest person that I know.

Ate Charo - the eldest among us so she's our Ate. Another performer at heart, she loves to pursue singing if she didn't pursue medicine. We always seek advise from her - from lovelife to kikay stuff. This woman has beauty and brains, in fact she was a first runner up in the Miss Medicine contest.

Jopay - sister's pet. She always plays the piano during our monthly mass or leads the rosary. She's OC as well, maybe because she took up Microbiology in college. She's always quiet but when she's in the mood for chatting, she would go to the 5th floor to chat with us.

Nina - the other non-premed student in our circle. I usually ask her to teach Accounting because I really don't get that subject hahaha! She might be quiet but I always chat her about her lovelife.

Divina - the athlete. She was the MVP in the provincial basketball in Pangasinan. The youngest in the group, she's the bunso and as expected, she's one of the sweetest people that I met.

I miss how we would squeeze ourselves in 1 dining table just to share what happened in our day, how we sing in the bathroom altogether (Time & Tide and Keep this Love Alive are our favorites) and how we would listen in our walkman and tune in 1 station then later sing along with the songs from that station. The best thing with the people in the dormitory is that its easy for me to share my problems with them because they do not know the people involved and the support that everyone gives when someone is down.

Too bad we seldom meet each other (some of them are resident doctors now while some are working abroad), and I regret that I didn't take many pictures back then to capture the fun that we had. Half of the reason why I enjoyed my college life is because of these people. It won't be the same without them.
posted by subhuman @ 12:17 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links