http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Packing
Sweaters, check. Socks, check. Medicines, check. Documents, check. COBOL book, check. Cookbook and mama sita mixes, check…

Our house has been in chaos in the past few days. I only have a day to pack all my things before going to Malaysia. I should have followed my cousin’s advice to take a week long vacation before leaving. Being the “responsible” (and workaholic) person that I am, I was stubborn and took only a 2-day vacation so that I could complete my tasks from my “beloved” project (blech! And to think that I’ve been complaining that I really hate what I’ve been doing for the past 6 months).

The first day of my “vacation” was spent by attending the PDOS seminar, completing my company clearance and immigration requirements, shopping for the last minute and meeting my friends from my previous workplace for the last time. It was an emotional day for me as I know that I will be leaving what I’ve considered my home for the past 4 years and the friends that I had. In fact, when I stepped out of MSE, I cried. I can’t believe that it’s the end of my career in Accenture. Feeling depressed, I had a haircut and went to my aunt’s house to get my stuff since I stay there on weekdays and to say goodbye to my cousins.

Meanwhile, my second day was a packing day for me. Good thing that Annie, who used to be our helper, went home to help me pack and to prepare my “pasalubongs”. My baggage allowance is only up 20 kilos and I was really worried that I would exceed this limit. The funny thing was that the weighing scale we borrowed is similar to the one used in the wet market, in the meat section. It has a hook right below the scale and the object being measured should be put under the hook. What we did to determine the weight of my baggage was to put the partial contents of my luggage in a plastic bag and record it’s weight until we noted the weight of all my stuff. Then I added these to find out the weight of my luggage.. and yes, it was overweight… it was 27 kilos. This is the weight of Rey’s baggage when he left and he told me that the carrier did not ask him to pay. I wished that I had the same luck.
posted by subhuman @ 3:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links