http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 25, 2005
Galera Trip
As a despedida for Bong, the whole team went to Puerto Galera and spent 2 days there. It was my first time to go to there and last year, I missed all my chances of going to that place because I was onshore and I watched Alicia Keys' concert (which is excellent by the way). Finally, I had my chance to swim at the shores of Oriental Mindoro.

I stayed in our apartment in Makati the night before our trip. Unfortunately, there was no water supply so I have to buy 30 bags of ice water and contend myself with a pale of water, just enough for me to take a batch twice (before bedtime and on the next day) and brush my teeth. I succeeded in meeting my needs with the limited supplies that I had. And right after I took a bath that day, the water supply was restored again. Haay.. ang buhay nga naman mapagbiro...

But I did not let that thing ruin my day. It would be my first time to go to the beach this year and the last time that I've been to the beach was when Hazel and I went to Hawaii (which a memorable experience for us by the way Ü). The team met at the office and we left at around 7 AM in the morning. Joining me in this trip are Bong, Cindy, Janjan, Maddy, Abby, Denise, Eric C, William and Don. Maddy, being the bubbly in our group, entertained us with her toilet humor stories and eventually led her to discuss her "interesting" immersion experience.

We arrived at the Batangas port at around 11 AM. We had a 1-hour and 45-minute ride from Batangas to the White Beach in Puerto Galera. On our way to Galera, we say some dolphins and flying fishes. It's good to see these creature in their natural habitat where they can move freely. I've seen dolphins before at theme parks but I somehow consider them as prisoner because they have to live on the dictates of humans.

Fortunately, nature must've known we're in Galera because it was sunny.. a perfect day for swimming. We enjoyed the strong waves while swimming and lay on the white beach. There are also some tourists in the area but the place is not crowded since the summer season has come to an end. That night, I've tasted the sweetness of Mindoro sling, a drink that I think is similar to a fruit punch. That night, we drank at the beach and asked revealing questions against one another. By the way, nobody got tipsy that night.

The next day, I had the opportunity of taking beach pcitures. I really like to take pictures of all the places that I've visited. Among the pictures that I took, here are my favorites..


We left at around 12 noon. To sum it up, its been a good thing to have the team building as it loosens up every one of us and see a different side of our personalities.
posted by subhuman @ 6:24 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links