http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, July 25, 2005
Aftermath
Finally, after several months of endless whining and stress, its finally over. And with just a snap, it's all gone..

Gone are the long emails that I receive every morning and the several emails that I have to make. The people who would send me messages and the phone calls that I receive no longer stress me out. And people would no longer come to me to ask questions that would make me want to hide and not to go to the office again.

So what did I gain from this experience? A lot. Looking back, it seems that I was one of the contestants in this reality TV show (the producers would really love to have me for I am so vulnerable). I cried twice because of this. I sacrificed a lot for this and I know that my world revolved entirely on my job (which is not healthy by the way) and forgot to take care of myself. I spent my time entirely in the office and had it as my second home (sounds pathetic but true.)

Anyway, this has been a learning experience for me. Because of this project, I will not know what I can be like as a leader. I hate to admit it but my fate of not getting the promotion last year had a good effect on me because that event made me humble and look things in different perspective. As what my supervisor told me, I have earned wisdom because of this. Was it painful? Yes (nope..this is not a love story) but somehow, the pain that I felt made me become determined to prove my worth and how valuable I can be. And I see now I've seen that people get to appreciate me.

I've waited for so long for an opportunity to be able to prove what I can do. When I had it, it required me to give all the best that I can give. But it's worth it. I've gained respect from people and earned confidence with my abilities. The last time that I felt this way was when I was in college when we did our thesis.

Enough about work. I'll just shut up and move on.
posted by subhuman @ 6:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links