http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, July 28, 2005
What If?
Does it occur to you to ever ask yourself the question "what if?"

My friend Eva has a posted series of blog related to this question. That we are the ones who create our own destiny? I was somehow inspired with this that I began to ask these questions for myself..

What if I pursued Computer Engineering instead of a degree in Mathematics? On the day when I was about to submit my credentials at Mapua, I found myself lining up for a slot in Computer Science in the corridors of UST. Assuming I ended up working in the current company where I'm currently employed, I'd probably be still struggling.

What if I chose to Actuarial Science as my major instead of Computer Science? The department head has finally approved my shift in major. Lexie and Erika, 2 of my friends, have changed their major and their thesis was voted as the best in their batch. I could have been a part of that project and could have held my head high because of that achievement.

What if I enrolled in graduate school 2 years ago? I was trying to decide if I should get a masteral degree in Applied Math or Information Management 2 years ago but I opted not to so that I can focus on my career. Probably, I haven't gone onshore if I still have a degree to complete.

I do not regret every decision that I made in the past because it has a big influence on my character now. And most importantly, I have met a lot of people that I really care of. I still believe that we are the ones who create our destiny and that we are responsible for our actions.

Let me end this blog with a phrase from the poem Invictus.. "I am the Master of my Fate, I am the captain of my soul".
posted by subhuman @ 8:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links