http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Malaysia.. Truly Asia!
At exactly 8:50 PM on July 22, MH 0705 landed on Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) after a 4-hour flight from Manila. I took my hand carry bag with me and walked to the aircraft’s exit. KLIA reminded me of Changi International Airport in Singapore because of its structure and its interiors. I texted my friends Nina and Rey to inform them that I had finally arrived in Malaysia. I also received an SMS from Minnie, a colleague from Accenture who I met in a theater singing workshop and who’ll be working with me in Standard Chartered. We were picked up by Mr Quek who brought us to our respective residences here in Malaysia. There were actually 3 of us who were picked up from the airport; me, Minnie and Myla who used to work with Citibank Manila.

Our journey from the KLIA to Petaling Jaya (another state near Kuala Lumpur) lasted for more than an hour. We passed through their expressway, which has more lanes compared to the expressway in Luzon. It was dark at that time and all I can see are the silhouette of the trees. I suddenly realized that I missed the billboards that I used to see in the Philippines especially during road trips. Minnie and Myla arrived at their house at around 11:15 PM.

I had asked my friend Nina if I could stay with her briefly until I find a decent place to stay. Nina was my co-start group in Accenture. We became roommates for a few months before she left for Denmark to take her graduate studies in Petroleum Engineering. After 2 years, she transferred in Malaysia to work as a petro-physicist (I’m not sure if my term is correct, please correct me if I am wrong). She’s living in a condo near Kuala Lumpur City Centre (KLCC) where the Petronas Towers is situated.

The travel from Petaling Jaya to Kuala Lumpur took us 30 minutes. On our way to her unit, I looked at the window, waiting to get a glimpse of the Petronas Twin Towers. When I finally saw it, I took a picture of this building using my cellular phone. If only I could send this to my family and friends to tell them that I’m finally in Kuala Lumpur, but too bad, I don’t have a SIM here in Malaysia yet and sending MMS using my Globe SIM would be very expensive. After a few minutes, I have arrived at the Serimaya Condominium near the Setiawangsa LRT station at around 11:45 PM. Nina is waiting for me outside her building. As I enter Nina’s unit, she introduced me to Massi, her Italian boyfriend. We ate adobo and okra (o di ba parang nasa Pinas pa rin ako? hehehe). Hazel, my roommate in Phoenix who’s working in Singapore, contacted me since she’s in Malaysia for a vacation and we’re going to meet on the next day. Haay, it’s the end of a long day (and very tiring) for me but hey, it’s rare to be on 2 places (and phases of my life) on the same day =)
posted by subhuman @ 4:10 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links