http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Friday, August 18, 2006
Cheers!
This entry is a tribute to my friend, Ruby. She passed the medical board exam and she’s now a full-pledge doctor! =D

Ruby was my roommate in college for 3 years. I’ve never met someone as disciplined, dedicated, diligent and driven as she. I remember that she would read her lessons a month advance and after reading those, she would make a quiz for herself (and that’s only for her advance reading!). Unlike most of us who would cram in studying for the next day’s quiz, she studies for an exam a week ahead. Even if she’s really tired with her shift when she was just an intern, she would still open her books to study or just for advance reading. Because of her study habits, I was influenced to study as well (bonding activity nmin ang mag-aral hahaha!!) Due to her perseverance, she finished her pre-med as cum laude and she was a topnotcher in Nursing Licensure Exams (to think she was in med school when she took the Nursing board exam). She was also a consistent dean’s lister when she was in med school.

Ruby is the type of person who does not settle for just a passing mark. She aims to be the best and I would like to congratulate her that she finally achieved her dream of becoming a doctor.

By the way, Ruby used to tease me when we were still roommates that I should admit that she’s pretty. I promised that I would only acknowledge her beauty once she becomes a doctor. So after 5 years, I could finally say that she is beautiful indeed, inside and outside! (Ruby, are you happy now? Hahaha!!)

But I think the best compliment that I could give her is that, knowing how she pursued her dream of becoming a doctor, I would entrust my own life to her (sounds religious? Hehehehe..) because I believe in her.
posted by subhuman @ 11:30 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Pardon me if I comment in the inappropriate post. I was googling about Setiawangsa and your blog turned up about your experience in the previous LRT breakdown.

    I'm new in this town too, arriving from the norther state. I hope you're enjoying your time so far in M'sia. Things are messy here but you get along with it. :p

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Blogger subhuman said…

    Thanks for your comment =) Even if I got stuck in the LRT on my first day of work, I'm enjoying my stay in Malaysia and the lifestyle is pretty much similar to manila so I'm not really in a shock here hehe..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links