http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, August 16, 2006
More Train Misadventures

If you think I’ve had one is enough, well think again. The next day after I got stuck in the LRT, I was having a hard time getting inside the train in the morning. At that time, there were more people who were waiting for the train compared to the previous day. Since I was a little bit early, I decided to take a round trip (which I usually do in the EDSA MRT in Manila) since Setiawangsa is just 5 stations away from Terminal Putra which is the farthest station in the North. I looked at the lady beside me and took note that she was wearing a pink veil and took the north bound train, hoping to get a seat for my entire trip to Asia Jaya station.

The scenery on the way to Terminal Putra has a lot of trees and is actually more in touch with nature. There is only a few residential and commercial buildings. Even though it was 5 stations away, it was really far! (15 minutes away from Setiawangsa station). When I arrived at the Terminal Putra station, I transferred to another train, only to find myself standing again. So my purpose for going north, 5 stations away is defeated. When we arrived at Setiawangsa station, the lady with the pink veil is no longer there (maybe she went to the north as well or decided to take a cab instead), so I was not able to take a seat, and the lady in pink is no longer there. Aargh!

With my daily journey in LRT, here’s what I learned:

· Always ensure that your prepaid card has enough credit balance or you can’t get out of the station. My prepaid balance is only RM 1.00 and my fare from Setiawangsa to Asia Jaya station costs RM 2.60.

· KLCC is where most of the people take off if I travel from Setiawangsa. Also, this is the station where at least 2 people who boarded in this station have a bag of Rotiboy which would make me crave a lot! Yummy! =D (my new addiction! This is a bun with butter inside and it tastes sweet; usually served fresh from the oven. It only costs RM 1.50 and really smells good.. just like when smell the goodies when you pass Bread Talk)

· The best place in the train would on the front window (where the driver is supposed to be placed). Even though you’re standing, you’ll feel like the navigator of the train ;-)

posted by subhuman @ 5:47 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links