http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, August 07, 2006
First day at work..again
I woke up again at the sound of the Islamic morning prayer and fell asleep again. At 7:00 AM I finally woke up and jump at my feet, after snoozing my cell phone for the past 30 minutes.

Nina’s house is near to the Setiawangsa LRT (Putra Line) station which is just an overpass away. Our work hour is from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Nina and Massi warned me that I should leave early, preferably before 8:00 AM since it would be hard to take a train during rush hour. I told myself that riding trains won’t be a problem since I used to take the MRT when I commute in Manila. I reached the LRT station at around 8:00 AM. I’m not surprised with the people who are waiting at the platform but when the train arrived, it was fully packed (parang sardinas). I told myself to take the next train but it was fully loaded as well. This actually reminded me of the MRT Shaw Blvd station where people are really aggressive so that they can enter the train. Needless to say, I became aggressive or else I would be late on my first day (and I have no idea yet how far my office is). It’s a good thing that most of the passengers took off at KLCC (5 stations after Setiawangsa) and I was able to take a seat after a few stations.

In a span of 35 minutes, I arrived at the Asia Jaya station which is 16 stations away from Setiawangsa. I have to walk for 5 more minutes to go to the office. Fortunately, I didn’t get lost and I found my way to Crystal Plaza building.

My company is located on the second floor of the bulding. Since I am a new employee, I don’t have a security badge yet. It’s a good thing that a female employee arrived and let me in. I sat at the chairs in front of the door and waited for any familiar face that would lead me to my project mates. Later, Minnie and Myla arrived who both stayed with me on the front door. At around 10:00 AM, Cecilia (the marketing manager) gave us an orientation about the company and the things that we need to do and then she gave us a tour around the office.

One thing I noticed about the office is that there are a lot of aquariums and that the fishes are the characters that can be found in Finding Nemo – there’s Nemo, Marlin, Dory and Scar. Also, the workspace is big as just one person occupies each cube that comes with a phone and a white board. The employees are so diverse - there are Chinese, Malays, Indians, Filipinos, Caucasians, African American, etc. The pantry is also big; and has the basics – ref (which is cleaned twice a week), coffee machine (and serves chococinno, espresso, milo, tea with creamer), 3 small round wooden tables and 1 long table where all newspapers (in English, Chinese and Bahasa Melayu) are all piled up, and the coolest things – it has a billiard table and a fuzz ball!! We were later introduced to our respective bosses (mine is a Malay).

Minnie and I belong to the same project. Since we don’t have a workstation yet, we spent the whole day chatting. It’s a good thing that there are 2 of us rolled in to the team as we won’t get bored to death.


By the way, since I’m still new to the team (and is probably charging to Bench), the thing that I’ve never enjoyed for such a long time is that I don’t have to worry about the charge number!
posted by subhuman @ 3:41 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links