http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, February 20, 2005
Leaving...
For the past 2 weeks, most of my friends are leaving the country. Candy and Marge (my onshore batchmates) left the country for Singapore while Uly (my college friend) and Issa (another onshore batchmate) left for another onshore assignment. Candy is working at GE as an IT consultant while Marge will be working as a Business analyst at Citibank. Meanwhile, Issa went to Phoenix for the second time as part of her role as a business analyst for American Express while Uly is a part of a transition team that will transfer his project from their client at New Jersey to Manila.

I'm no longer surprised with this. This already happened to me when Nina and Hazel left for another country. It's really sad to be close to these people tapos maiiwan lang pala. As Issa pointed out, 'mahirap talaga ang maiwanan and the best that I could do is to be happy for them and support them in whatever they do'. And I agree. I'm really glad when Nina sends a note about her trips (like in France and in Spain) and thought that what she did was the best thing for her. Same thing for Hazel. I noticed that my roommates leave the country for good so I texted my college roommate Ruby (a certified nurse who's currently studying medicine) if she'll do the same, and she confirmed that she has plans to do so.

Back to Candy and Marge, we are part of a lunch group while we're in Phoenix (with Hazel of course). It's weird that almost a year ago, we're sharing our lunch in the pantry at the office and now all of them are in Singapore. Well, I wish them luck. I just hope that they would find the fulfillment in their careers. Haay, I'll miss the yosi break I used to share with Candy and the kulitan with Marge.

On the other hand, I'm really happy for Issa and Uly. Uly has finally obtained his visa and I'm really excited that he will experience what I've considered the best part of his (single) life. For Issa naman who has been in an onshore assignment for the fourth time, I'm happy that she will meet another set of people whom she would consider as her family.

I still have other friends who are planning to leave the country soon. There's Sharon, my best friend way back in high school. She's a registered nurse and is studying for her NCLEX exam. She already found an employer in a hospital in Orange County California. Naku, masasanay na rin ako nito.
posted by subhuman @ 4:23 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links