http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Thursday, August 23, 2007
So Long Minnie..


While all of us still had a hangover from the Scope Idol grand finals, it is sad to say that Minnie had to return to Manila for good to be with here son, Kyle. She got a job offer from our previous company which I think is a very good opportunity.

We had a couple of activities with her a few weeks before she left - the last night out with her as a Malaysian resident at the Loft, Skybar and Thai Beach Club, trip to Putrajaya with Gen and I, the farewell dinner hosted by their house owner and the surprise farewell dinner at CPK with people dearest to her. To conclude this, we all went to the airport to make her feel how she's important to us.

Minnie, Jeng, Charisse and Gen had dinner at Picadilly (the so-called last supper). After that, Dru and I met them at the Asia Jaya station. We all headed to KL Sentral, where the bus going to the LCCT airport are located. This is also where we met Rey and Marla (who's going to the Philippines for a vacation).

The trip from KL Sentral to LCCT was a long one but I didn't mind at all since I was chatting with Marla while Gen and Minnie were cooking up their story (Crispy Popia). When we arrived at the airport, we just spent most of the time picture taking, eating (thanks for the treat Minnie), laughing and goofing around. Earlier that day, we were wondering who are the people who's going to cry that night - no one did. As Minnie headed to the immigration for her final steps as a Malaysian resident, there was a moment of silence. It was a genuine feeling. Perhaps each one of us was saying a little prayer how thankful we were to have her in our life and to wish her good luck with the new phase in her life.



Minnie, I know that this is a very difficult choice for you but I believe that you did the right thing for your son. I hope that I have touched your life as much as you did to me. Even though we've been friends for just a year, I felt that the friendship that we have is one that I could really treasure for the rest of my life. I will definitely miss all the little things that you do - from going to my cube to take a breather from a stressful day at work to our serious talks. I'd like to thank you for entrusting me with your secrets and I promise you that I will remain as a trustworthy friend.

During your farewell party, you asked us how you made an impact in our lives. I was not able to tell you this that time but you're one of the people who made me feel good about myself and helped me accept how beautiful I am as a person. As a result, I became confident - not only with my physical appearance but in doing the things that I've been longing to do. It may seem just a kakikayan for others but how you boosted my self-esteem made a difference.

Anyway, if you're going to ask me if the tears that you're asking from me while writing this entry came out.. well I almost cried. But that doesn't mean that you're not that special to me. I met a lot of people who made an impact in my life just the way you did, and sadly, we have to part ways. This is the reason why I don't really get too attached with them and why I don't have a best friend.

Good luck my friend. I know that wherever you go, our friendship will never be thwarted by distance. I know that someday our paths will cross again.

Let me end this entry with this quote by Richard Bach - Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends
posted by subhuman @ 9:33 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links