http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Saturday, August 25, 2007
ISCM Merdeka celebration gig =P
The Malaysians are currently celebrating their 50th year of Independence. In lieu with this, our company held some activities. Last year, there was a project runway challenge where I was picked by my team mates as their model (Imagine all the vegetables that I have to wear). Anyway, I am no longer the model (stepping stone ko lang yun), I am now a diva (bwahaha!!!).

As part of the program, the Scope Idol finalists were asked to sing for the celebration. I was supposed to sing the song Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the waves but since I've been sleepless and stressed during these past few days, my voice didn't come right when I sang that song. So I opted for the song that I'm most comfortable with - Angel. Well, this is the song that I'm most comfortable to sing and it would be a mortal sin to sing a song in public without practicing it.

An hour before the celebration, we had our sound check. I was the last one to do the sound check and it was a few minutes before the actual program started. People were starting to come to the lobby where a stage has been setup. When it was my turn to do the sound check, it hasn't sink in to me that I would be heard in the whole floor. Maybe its because I was in my comfort zone. As I started to sing, I realized that people are listening to me. But weird as it may seem, I didn't get nervous. I sang the song the way how I do it during our videoke sessions. I was glad that finally, I'm beginning to feel comfortable in singing in public :)

After our performance, we were presented with a token of appreciation for joining the contest. And guess what? It's WAY BIGGER from the prize that I won from the Scope Idol itself. Just in time for my upcoming birthday.

Anyway, I'll just let you see the video of my performance. I hope you'll like it =)
posted by subhuman @ 1:54 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links