http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Monday, September 03, 2007
My 26th birthday
The thing with having one’s birthday is that people around you will make you feel special. They try their best to be extra nice to you and they will spoil you and grant all the requests that you asked them J . Just like any normal people, I was able to have these advantages when I had my birthday a few days ago.

Last Wednesday night, I chatted with my few friends - Gen, Ryan and Jem, while I was writing my birthday blog. Gen and I called it as the birthday vigil. A few minutes before midnight, Dru greeted me with a text message. Gen can’t accept the fact that she was not the first one who greeted me, and she stressed that Dru texted me a few minutes BEFORE midnight when she made her call that night.

On the next day, it was like a normal day for me, except the fact that I received a lot of SMS from my family, friends and students. My parents called me up that morning to greet me. I went to the office and received a few greetings from my colleagues and friends via email.
I was really not in the mood to work that day. One of the reason was because my task for that day requires me to do a lot of documentation and it’s the last working day of the week. Malaysia is celebrating its 50th year of independence on the 31st of August.

One of the pleasant surprises that I got that day was when I received an email from Agri. She told me that she bought me an ice cream and cake. She asked me if I saw the cake (white chocolate macademia from Secret Recipe - my favorite) in the fridge with a candle in it. I told her that I didn’t notice it. I found out that she planned to give me a surprise that night but since I came home late on the eve of my birthday and that she’s sleepy, she was not able to wish me a happy birthday that night. Also, Mars left me with a drumstick, a chocolate and an orange at my desk. To all my housemates, it’s very sweet of you to do this. Thanks a lot! =)

In the afternoon, my colleague from Hongkong Michael, treated all of his project mates with a cheesecake. It was his last day in Kuala Lumpur and he flew back to Hongkong on the next day. It was very nice of him to do this. Thanks for the cake Michael J Also, he’s aware that it was my birthday and I told him that I have a flight back to Manila that night (yes I flew to Manila for my birthday) so he allowed me to live early that day. Woohoo!!!

Since it was the eve of Merdeka (Independence) celebration, a lot of parties were held for the countdown to Merdeka - like in KLCC, Merdeka Square and Putra Jaya, where a fireworks display will be shown to greet their independence day. My flight was at 1:20 AM in the morning but Putra jaya is located near the airport, I was worried that there might be a traffic jam going to the airport. So I opted to leave at 9 PM from our unit.

I met up with Gen at the Asia Jaya station at 9:15 and she accompanied me to KL Sentral (where the buses going to LCCT are located). I took the 9:30 PM trip to LCCT airport. The 1-hour & 30-minute journey was a good opportunity to reflect on my 25th year and think about the things that I wanted to achieve on the next few years. I got into LCCT a few minutes past 11. I was one of the passengers who checked in early for the flight. I ate dinner at McDonalds and surfed the net while I waiting for the boarding call.

Fortunately, I was able to take a nap in the plane. I arrived at 5:30 AM, which was enough for me to make it on my 7 AM meeting with Minnie and Ryan at Jollibee Boni Ave. The thing with this trip was that I didn’t inform my parents about this. Yes this is a surprise. Anyway, I am not really familiar at NAIA and I don’t know where I should take the bus that would take me to Boni Ave. Fortunately, with the help of the directions provided by some strangers, I was able to find my way.



At 7:30, I met up with Minnie and Rye, who both gave me a special gift. Minnie bought me a whole mango cake from Red Ribbon, which was her gift together with Gen and Dru. Meanwhile, Rye gave me sardines from bacolod and a half-dozen of doughnuts from Krispy Kreme, which I’ve been craving in the previous weeks J . It was great to catch up with you once again. Thanks for your gifts and most importantly, your time to meet up with me J By the way, Minnie and Rye are working on the same team and I’m really excited for them J
Just like my previous birthdays, I’m thankful that I was blessed with my family and friends who made me feel special on my special day, which only happens once a year. Since they gave me a special treatment, it’s also my opportunity to express my appreciation on having them in my life and how they made it meaningful.
posted by subhuman @ 11:50 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links