http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Home is where the heart is...
On the second week of July, I finally had my 10-day long vacation to the Philippines. I had to complete my tasks that's why a few days before my flight, I had to stay up late. Anyway, since I would be on vacation for more than a week, I had to complete my task. On the night before my flight to the Philippines, I had to go home at midnight. I need to do my final packing and my flight is on 7:20 AM so I need to leave the house by 4 AM. Thus, I decided not to sleep that night.

That morning, my head was aching due to lack of sleep so I slept at the plane. But what the heck, I'll be home after 7 months of working as an OFW in Malaysia. I may not be showy about it but I'm excited.. first of all, my family would be there, I got to meet my friends whom I haven't seen in a year, I would get to shop for cheaper clothes, I can play with my pets :P, I can converse with anyone in Tagalog, I can eat all the food that want, and many more reasons :)

After 10 hours of travelling, my parents met me at the bus terminal. I was so hungry at that time so we went to Jollibee where I had a chickenjoy and mango pie (yum!). My mother paid all the food that I ate (bwahaha) and we went home.

My vacation was very fruitful to me. I met my friends (from work and from school) and relatives. Luckily, I was in the Philippines when the 5th movie of Harry Potter was shown and when the last book was released (woohoo!). I ate all foods that I think has Philippine mango as the flavor.

Also, I was able to meet my friends Daisy (met her boyfriend finally *wink *wink), Ryan (nakapag Big Chill na rin tayo after a long time.. thanks for your time kahit sobrang dami pa ng tasks mo, really appreciate it =P), former Cycling teammates (Kristine, Susan, Lois, Arthur and Abby), the Parokya gang (Eva, Jen, Uly, Jenny Jane & Abie), my relatives (Ate Jing, Kuya mar, uncle llano, Jing, Mae, Grace, Tita Ning, Ate Cindy, Tito Bebot, Kuya Wilzen, Ashley, Rea, Mabeth), my dorm mate Jopay (thanks for the day long kwento..sobrang na enjoy ko yung meeting natin hehehe), Celia (thanks for meeting me up kahit na pagod na pagod ka na..mwah!), Marge (thanks for the free lunch, sana makumpleto tayong 3 ni Hazel), Lee and Annrhee (former housemates, thanks for the time), Jen, Annie, Lois and Tita Mer (lam kong malayo pa ang pinanggalingan nyo pero touched talaga ako). Most importantly, I was able to spend time with my family ( I hate to admit it pero I missed the feeling of pagiging dependent and having somebody pushing me around, to the point of nagging na minsan.. that's why I'm back as your daughter just for 10 days =P)

So how do I find my vacation? I admit that there's no place like home. But I need to be away from it because there are things that I need to learn while I'm outside my comfort zone. And when the right time comes when I think I've learned all the things I need to know, then that would be the right time to go back :)
posted by subhuman @ 12:44 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links