http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, June 03, 2007
Reasons
My previous employer has been aggressively hiring its former employees - the salary that they offer is really competitive. Many of my former colleagues who have left our previous company are currently making negotiations. I told my parents about this while they're still here in Malaysia. They've seen how I've lived my life here - going home late after a busy day from work, and doing all the household chores, to the point of staying up late. And because of this, they want me to look for a job in the Philippines if possible. This, of course is parent's instinct.

A lot of my colleagues were asking me if I have any plans of coming back. I would say that I would try my luck on the upcoming ISCM Idol (my current company's own version of the American Idol) and in order for me to join, I need to renew my contract. I admit that when I left my previous company, I had many issues back then but what I mentioned when I left was because of financial reasons (which is true in the first place). But it is not the reason why I wanted to stay here in Malaysia. In fact, I learned to free myself from all the angst and bitterness that I felt before and to forgive and let go so that I can move on. Looking back, I realized that I had a great work environment because I felt that a mentor was looking after my career growth and the workplace has the best professional atmosphere.

Since my job here is on a contractual basis, I learned myself to become emotionally detached from my job. I don't have to worry about the competition for me to climb in the corporate world. Yes, my job is not stable but the things that I learned in my current job are the skills required in other financial institutions as well, so there are lots of opportunities in store for a mainframe programmer like me. My previous job is one of the top IT solutions provider in the world but supporting a credit card system in a bank allowed me to develop my technical skills.

But the main reason why I decided to stay here is personal. First of all, I found real friends - people whom I laugh with during happy times and gives me a shoulder to cry when I feel down. I get to know people not on which project they were involved but on what are their values and what's important to them. It also allowed me to accept people for who they are and not to become judgemental. It was during onshore where I felt I had this kind of relationship with people and I was lucky that I was able to maintain friendship with some of them until now.

The next reason why I like to be here is because I learned to accept and love myself. It helped a lot that people around me made me feel that I am beautiful no matter how much I weigh and I am thankful to my family and friends who's been very supportive. The society way back home has been very harsh for people like me which is one of the reasons why my self-esteem was affected.

Being here in Malaysia allowed me to travel a lot as well. With the semi-annual MATTA fair event, my travel plans are attainable =) Also, since I am here, my parents are forced to visit me once in a while so my dream to bring them out of the country is fulfilled as well =)

Lastly, it is here where I find my identity. Doing my household chores tested my discipline and patience to endure all of these. I have to become responsible in every action that I take. My people skills needs to be applied everywhere I go - in the office and at home. Also, being here allowed me to explore my interests and passion. These are the things that I need to know in order for me to identify my purpose later on.
posted by subhuman @ 3:01 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links