http://analyn30.blogspot.com/

Sunday, August 05, 2007
The Harry Potter fanatic

I am a Potterite (a Muggle who's fond of Harry Potter) since college. I have done a lot of crazy things due to my addiction to this J.K. Rowling epic. It all started way back in college where most of my classmates would have a Harry Potter trivia quiz everytime we take a break from our review or while doing the thesis. The first 4 books were circulating among my blockmates and most of us have read the book. When the first movie was shown during our senior year, the whole class watched the movie. We only had 1 class that day and my classmates watched the movie and met at that class to discuss the movie. I watched the movie with my fellow ka-Parokyas (my college barkada) twice in the theater on that day (adik talaga no?).

We continued our Harry Potter gimmick on the next movie installment even though we have our jobs. In fact, it was also during that time when we accidentally joined the Harry Potter trivia challenge and represented National Bookstore Greenbelt branch. It was accident because we only wanted to play the game board displayed in NBS Greenbelt and we need to register in order for us to play. Since nobody else registered in the adult category, we were "forced" to play the game on the following week at Megamall Activity Center. Imagine our horror when we found out that most of the contestants were below 20 years old (I was 22 back then). Good thing because of the contestants from SM North is 31 years old... so we're not the oldest then hahaha!!! We ended up as the 2nd place among the branches but when we need to claim our prizes on stage once our name was called. We were sooo embarrassed when it happened and we wished that nobody from work saw us (or we should have put on the Invisibility Cloak on us). Good thing no one did..whew!

For the third movie, I was on my onshore assignment but for the heck of watching Harry Potter, I went from Phoenix to LA just to watch the movie with Katrina, my cousin who's a certified Potterite as well. This is the first time that I watched the movie only once in the theater because the movie in US is quite expensive.

For the Goblet of fire movie, I still watched the movie with the Parokya gang but I had a low EQ at that time so I treated my family for a movie on the 1st day of showing. Later I realized that it was boring to watch that movie with someone who's not enthusiastic as I do. Anyway, I still enjoyed watching the movie with the Parokya gang even though I already saw the movie.

To keep up with the tradition, I watched the 5th movie with my college friends. Fortunately, I was in the Philippines when the movie was shown =) and I had to keep up with the tradition. Woohoo!!!

When it comes to the books, I bought the first 4 books (paperback) as a birthday gift for myself since I got my first job. For the succeeding books, all of these are in hard bound. The craziest thing that I did so far was to stay in the office overnight so that I can get the book at 7 AM, which is the usual time for the worldwide release of the books. I managed to read the book after 2 days.

The month of July is the much anticipated month for all the Potterites. Aside from the showing of the fifth movie adaptation, the conclusion to the 7-year epic of Harry Potter was released. And my verdict? Well, it was worth the wait. The ending was satisfying but it was bittersweet because I don't have anything to look forward to :(

Now that I've completed the 7 books, I am now planning to buy the hardbound copies of the first 4 books =) I'm also planning to buy all the DVD of all the movies (I already have 2).

Harry Potter has been a big part of our pop culture. It was kinda sad that this would have to end. But thanks to J.K. Rowling for bringing us her imagination which brought out the child in us :)
posted by subhuman @ 3:18 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

About Me

passionate about music; an aspiring teacher; a frustrated mathematician; an explorer

Recent Post

Archives

Template-By

Visit Me Klik It

Top Links